Hoverboards have become a central and common medium of commuting since its inception years back. The tremendous impact on market sales has been quite alarming, too.
The best hoverboards have become so popular and with that increasing popularity comes the demand for accessory items needed to maintain the hoverboard. One of such accessories is the hoverboard charger.
The hoverboard you are using will be useless if you don’t get to charge the battery when it drains up after use.
While the market is understandably saturated with the product, it is imperative you know what you are buying and if the battery charger is an original charger. You need to choose the right charger and also know where to buy it.
How Do You Choose The Right Charger?
There are certain details you need to pay attention to if you would end up choosing the right charger for your hoverboard. In order to make the right choice, you must:
- Check the power. This is important. Understanding the specific details of the voltage and current ratings of the charger you are buying will determine a lot of things. This includes: 1) the amount of power the charger will give out 2) the voltage it is going to emit.
You must, therefore, make sure that the charger you are buying has the correct power output for the battery in your hoverboard. If you don’t get this right, you will realize quite quickly how the charge time can be increased by several hours.
- Buy and use a charger with all international standards and labels. This ensures that the charger is certified and branded. This makes it more reliable and effective than other chargers in the segment. The challenge with chargers in this spectrum is that they will cost you more, but you will soon realize that they have better value for money. They are much better than the cheaper products which are not certified.
This is the summary of the two most important factors you ought to consider before you decide to buy your hoverboard charger. Now, to the question of the day:
Where Can You Buy Hoverboard Battery Chargers?
Hoverboard battery chargers can be found in the following online stores:
Taking a cursory search on eBay will show over 166 listings of the various hoverboard battery chargers you could buy with matches for your interests.
The chargers cost as low as $7.89, while some go for as much $24.88; even more.
As a possible long-time member on the platform, you can easily make your purchase by clicking your preferred item on “Buy it Now” or simply add the item to your cart or watchlist for a later buy. Some of them include:
Amazon provides options for a wide range of hoverboard chargers on its website, too, like eBay. Some of them also come with shipping costs.
Below are some selected hoverboard charger types and a link to purchase each of them. All chargers listed here cost about 15 dollars; pretty good price for a hoverboard charger.
|Hoverboard Charger||Click here to buy|
|Wyness 42V 2A Battery Charger 100-240V 50/60Hz Power Supply Adapter 3-Pron Connector for Pocket Mod,Dirt Quad,and Sports Mod 0.31 inch Plug||Amazon|
|Razor Electric Scooter Battery Charger (For the e100/e125/e150)||Amazon|
|EVAPLUS 42V 2A Power Adapter PowerFast 3-Prong Inline Connector for Pocket Mod Sports Mod and Dirt Quad Lithium Battery Charger||Amazon|
|Razor Battery Charger for the e200, e300, PR200, Pocket Mod, Sports Mod, and Dirt Quad||Amazon|
|LotFancy 24V 0.6A Scooter Battery Charger for Razor E100, E125, E150, E175, Power Core 100, Crazy Cart, eSpark, Trikke E2, UL Listed||Amazon|
|24V 1.5A Electric Scooter Battery Charger for Razor E100 E200 E300 E125 E150 E500 PR200 MX350, Pocket Mod, Sports Mod, and Dirt Quad 3-Prong Inline||Amazon|
|Domallk 24V 1.5A 36W Female 3-Pin Electric Scooter Battery Adapter Charger for Razor E100 E175 E200 E225 E300 E325 E125 E150 E500||Amazon|
Click here to check this out and buy on Amazon.
So, what sort of affordable hoverboard battery chargers that could work well for your board? Daniel H. Freed did an extensive writing on Expode Hub about affordable hoverboard chargers. The summary of their qualities, merits, and demerits are provided below:
Hot 42V 2A Power Adapter
- One of the best hoverboard battery chargers in recent years. Gives you the perfect voltage and high accuracy of power to charge up your device and that at only a short period of time.
- The charger can be used as a razor hoverboard charger. This helps to further charge your favorite hoverboards.
- The charger could provide the exact amount of input and output and the accuracy of the voltage. This way, your hoverboard can stay protected from possible overheating or overcharging.
- It is also cost efficient and comes with the ability of 100-240VAC,50/60Hz,1.5A input and 42V 2A output. In as much as it does, it also gives you the perfect voltage power of 84W. That way, your hoverboard get the accurate amount of voltage power without damaging other things.
- The charger also has Indication Light. It shows green when the charge is full and red when it is on charging mode.
- The charger equally comes with the protection of Overload, Overvoltage, and Short circuit situations.
- It is good in charging
- It has effective functions
- It has the green and red indication light
- Long length cable
- Accurate voltage power
- It is selective; does not work with every hoverbaord.
Razor Battery Charger
Click here to check this out and buy on Amazon.
- The hoverboard charger port for this type can help you experience a quick charging mode. Your hoverboard will be fully charged only within several hours.
- It is a perfect substation when your original charger is lost or damaged. You can easily charge your hoverboards with this Razor battery hoverboard chargers.
- Razor battery is quite compatible for Razor Pocket Mod – Bistro, Razor Sport Mod, e200S Electric Scooters, Razor e200, Betty, etc., Razor Pocket Rocket, Razor MX350, Razor e300, Razor Dirt Quad.
- One of the more affordable hoverboard battery chargers; you get to save some extra bucks and use it on other things.
- However, this charger allows you to charge the batteries just within the time of 8 hours MAX. So what are you waiting for?
- Razor battery is the best choice for you to charge your electrical items of scooters or hoverboards with the help of this single charger that delivers the accuracy of voltage power.
- Also, this charger is UL approved. Also, it gives you an Input of AC100-120V 50/60Hz 1.2A, and with an output of 24V 1500mA.
- It is an awesome choice if you are trying to avoid electrical appliances overheating or overcharging, and of course, the charger is so compact to be inserted inside your bags or anything easily.
- It has durable quality
- It has a portable style charger
- The connections are simple
- UL approved. UL is a global safety certification company.
- Fully protected
- It is only compatible for Razor batteries.
42V 8A Charger
- This is a preferred choice for hoverboard owners whose original charger won’t charge or maybe got damaged. The charger is cost-efficient and offers quality performance.
- The charger elevates fast hoverboard riding across the streets.
- You can equally charge hoverboard for kids as well. The charger has a multipurpose charger unit that gives every electrical device of scooters or hoverboards a safe spot for accurate, effective power of charge. It provides the hoverboards and scooters the exact amount of charging routine without even damaging the battery.
- You also don’t have to worry about charging failure or the charger losing its charging capacity. The charger offers you functions like output: 42V8A; and as well as input:90 -230Vac, 50 ~ 60Hz.
- 42V 8A is a high-quality charger that comes with the design of 1* Fuse along with its 1* US standard power cable. This gives you the long length cable that allows you to easily connect the devices even if a distance away.
- It is important to mention here also that the charger comes with the perfection of accurate voltage and input/output With this feature, your items stay charged for the long-lasting time of period.
- The charger is made of properties like Aluminum Shell, built-in with LED Indicator light (which shows the charging operation when the battery is full). The charger is so made with the beautiful design and prized to possess durable quality.
- The design is good
- The performance is equally amazing
- It also has quick charging ability
- Not prone to overheating
- It has the long length of cable
- The manufacturing quality isn’t proven to be good.
36V Charger RCA
Click here to check this out and buy on Amazon.
- The charger’s performance is good overall, and it offers you the quick and effective charging mode. That way, you can spend less time charging and more time riding.
- The charger also provides you with the possibilities like Input: 100-240VAC,50/60Hz, alongside the feature of Output: 42V 2000mA.
- The hoverboard charger offers you an impressive 105℃-output capacitor. You also get the global AC input applicable voltage.
- The charge was made and launched after its 100 per cent full-load aging test, however, you might find Internal EMI filter, as well as ripple minimum.
- The charger is durable and offers you its protection like Short circuit protection or over-current protection. Also, it gives protection against over-voltage.
- It is perfect for hoverboards
- Light in weight charger
- Durable in quality
- The performance level is good
- The charging capacity is equally reliable
- The charger is expensive.
It goes without saying that hoverboard chargers are very necessary to keep your hoverboard running. They could make or break your hoverboard.
So, be very mindful of what kind of hoverboard charger you get and where you get it from.
Hoverboards cost quite a lot — even though there are some good cheap hoverboards these days — you surely don’t want a poor choice of charger to destroy it.
You can also buy your hoverboard chargers at AliExpress, Best Buy, Walmart, Street Saw, or even DHgate.com at wholesale bargain.
The prices are similar with the options given from eBay and Amazon above, with discounts given at certain time of purchase at no shipping cost. Although not all deliveries or shipping come at no definite cost.